Instant Pot Sausage Tortellini Soup
If you follow me on Instagram, you know how much and often I rave about my Instant Pot. I used it often last winter and decided I would share a few of my favourite Instant Pot recipes with you; starting with a soup to warm you on those chilly winter days. This is a good one.
It makes a large amount and freezes well.
2 medium carrots
1 medium yellow onion
3 medium mild or hot italian sausages
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 1/2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
3 1/2 cups water
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 350g package of fresh cheese tortellini 4 cups fresh kale (or spinach if you prefer)
1 cup 35% cream
- Peel and dice carrots and onion. Cut the sausage into slices or small chunks.
- Plug in the Instant Pot and set it to the “Saute” funtion. When the display reads “Hot”, add the extra virgin olive oil. Add the carrots, onion and sausage. Saute for approximtaely 3-5 minutes. Press “Cancel/Keep Warm” button to turn off the saute function.
- Add vegetable stock, water, thyme, salt, pepper, kale or spinach and tortellini. Stir.
- Close the lid and lock. Ensure the steam release is set to “Sealing”. Press the “Manual” button and set the time to 3 minutes using the arrow buttons. When the cycle is complete, allow the pressure to release manually for 10 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Press the “Saute” function and when the display reads “Hot”, add the cream. Cook for 3 more minutes. Press the “Cancel/Keep Warm” button and unplug.
Serve warm and refrigerate leftovers or freeze.
I have used both kale and spinach for this recipe but prefer kale.