Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
I was on the hunt for a good recipe for burrito bowls in the Instant Pot. It took a few recipes and switching a few things here and there but I think I nailed it. This recipe is perfect in a bowl or as a filling in a burrito.
3 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp paprika
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional, for extra heat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 cup chicken stock
1 1/4 cup long-grain white rice
2 cups salsa
1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can of corn, rinsed and drained
3/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Plain Greek yogurt (healthier alternative to sour cream), avocado and salsa for topping
1. Mix all dry ingredients and rub over chicken breasts. Set aside.
2. Plug in the Instant Pot and press the Saute function. When the display reads Hot add the olive oil and then the onions. Cook for 2 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for another minute. Press the Cancel button.
3. Add the chicken stock. Place the chicken breasts in the pot. Add the rice, black beans, corn and salsa.
4. Close the lid and lock. Ensure the knob is set to the Sealing position. Press the Manual button and set the timer to 8 minutes using the up and down arrows.
5. When it beeps, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes. Turn the knob to manually release remaining pressure.
6. Remove chicken breasts and shred the chicken. Return to pot and combine. Add cilantro and combine again. Serve with your favourite burrito toppings!