I have been meaning to share this recipe for months with you! When Maxton and Everly were home sick for a few days; they requested banana muffins so we made some last week and I managed to snap a few photos for the recipe.
You can use this recipe for banana bread too if you would prefer!
I am due for another batch with the plethora of overly ripe bananas I currently have sitting on my kitchen counter.
4 medium ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup melted salted butter
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour and add in remaining dry ingredients: baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas.
- Add sugar and beaten egg.
- Add melted butter to the banana and egg mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients and combine.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes
Makes one dozen large muffins.
My kiddos love these and they are great for school lunches.