If you are looking for a quick recipe to bring to your next BBQ this summer, I’ve got you covered. This salsa is so easy to make and it tastes delicious! It’s on repeat in my fridge all summer long.
1 can summer sweet corn, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 medium red onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 pint cherries tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Juice of half a lemon
Juice of a full lime
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine red onion, red pepper and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix.
2. Add lemon and lime juice and mix.
3. Add black beans and corn, mix together.
4. Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar and red wine vinegar; mix well.
5. Add cilantro and mix well.
Refrigerate for 4-6 hours before serving (overnight is even better).
Serve with your favourite corn chips (I like the Tostitos Scoops!).